Starlight Safari is a scheduled, evening event designed for Scout and Scout-like groups to have a unique learning adventure. The program includes day-of admission to Zoosiana with reserved access to the climate-controlled Zootorium from 4pm to 8pm, and a guided tour through select areas of Zoosiana from 7pm to 8pm. From 4pm to 7pm, your group can use the Zootorium and neighboring green space to host and facilitate the events, activities, programs, dinner together, ceremonies, etc. of your choice. A designated space for a campfire is also available for fire-side activities, if desired.
- General Schedule
- 9:00am to 5:00pm: Zoosiana Hours of Operation
- 4:00pm to 8:00pm: Zootorium reserved for Group
- 4:00pm to 7:00pm: Group enjoys Group-provided activities, programs, dinner, etc.
- 7:00pm to 8:00pm: Guided tour for Group through select areas of Zoosiana
- 8:00pm: Event concludes, and Group departs Zoosiana
- Free Early Arrival! - Starlight Safari's include day-of admission to Zoosiana, so your Group can come as early as 9am on the day of your event.
- Safari themed stage - Use the stage for programming or ceremonies.
- Designated Entrance with secluded green space to be enjoyed by your Group only.
- Fire Pit Area - Only 1 fire allowed.
- Access to restrooms.
- Starlight Safari - A guided tour through select areas of Zoosiana from 7pm to 8pm.
What does my group get with Starlight Safari?
Note: Groups cannot exceed more than 150 people.
To keep this program unique and effective, certain eligibility requirements must be met:
To reserve a Starlight Safari, complete the Contact Form linked above.
- Wild & Wonderful World of the Zoo - Take a 30 minute behind the scenes tour of areas only accessible to Zookeepers. See how we make meals for the animals and get a glimpse into our onsite Vet Clinic; $3 per person. $50 minimum. 3:30p-4p.
- Safari Express Train Ride - $3 per person (ages 3 & up); Must be redeemed during the train's operating hours the day of the event
- Parakeet Feeding - Enter the parakeet aviary and feed the parakeets; $2 per person. Includes 1 feed stick per person; Must be redeemed during the aviary's operating hours the day of the event (capacity limitations apply
- Monkey Meals - Includes 1 hot dog, a bag of chips, and a 7.5oz canned Sprite; $3 per person; 1 week advance notice and pre-payment required.
Option 1: You Pay for Your Group
- You pay for all fees, admission, and extras, together.
- Group must pay in full by 5pm day before the event. This allows for early arrival of your group members the day of your event.
Option 2: Group Members Pay Upon Arrival
- Each family/attendee is responsible for paying for admission upon entry. They will receive the special group rates and can explore the zoo as early as 9am.
- You’ll pay the $150 deposit that secures your date and goes towards the Zootorium rental fee.
- $750.00 minimum is still required. Admission fees in addition to the $150 deposit/rental fee, and any prepaid amenities must meet the $750.00 minimum.
Zoosiana Does Not Furnish:
- Extension Cords
- Bar-B-Que Pits
- First-aid Kits
Me and my family went with our cub scout group in April and had a wonderful time. My boys were so excited and loved every minute of the adventure. Matt was our tour guide and helper and he was great. He had lots of patients with the boys and he knew a lot about all the animals. This is a wonderful thing you provide. Thanks a lot Matt and all the zoo staff!
It was an adventure of a lifetime for my students. The owner of the zoo (Mr. George) is excellent with students. He explained to my students about the animals and their habitats. Keep up the excellent work!!!! Thank you!
Mr. George explained all of the things in a very simple way for young kids to understand on the twilight tour. All areas were nicely kept! Everything was up to our expectations...nice job to the staff and owner! The campout at the zoo was a blast!